Saturday, April 21, 2012

Scouting family adventure!

I have an upcoming engagement session for a couple who love hiking and picnicking together. They requested their engagement session to take place at Parkville Nature Sanctuary. So as I always do when I'm unfamiliar with a place I went on a scouting trip. The family came with me on this gorgeous Saturday and we enjoyed our outing as a family.



After Spending some time looking at a confusing map we ventured out to find this waterfall.  A ways down the trail we hoped led to it there was a fork with a sign that told the waterfall was to the left. We followed that fork and after some hiking we finally came to the waterfall. Its not big, but its pretty and has plenty of "posing" spots for good ideas. My husband and son were adventurous enough to climb over to that rock for some posing. 



I stayed out on the rail with our daughter in her stroller but this is the view from me without my zoom lens. Still pretty! The bride and groom are having a fall wedding, however we are doing the engagement session in the spring. The theme of the wedding is going to be "Fall in love" (So cute!). So I played around with some ideas on photoshop and I can make the pictures look almost "Fall" like by removing the green and changing the contrast.

I edited this photo to give it some "fall" color by removing the green and adding some contrast. 



Of course I won't want to do all the pictures like that but it will be fun to have a couple that way, like I always do I will keep the original files as well as the changed image for the bride and groom to choose what they like best.

A little further down we came across a 2nd waterfall.

Perfect! With a bench and everything! There are so many great possibilities at this place I could feel my creative juices flowing!

A little further down the trail you come out of the wooded area into an open area and a large hill.... Actually from the looks of it and seeing on the map I think its actually a dam, if we hiked up that way we probably would have seen the lake. But that was a really big hill for us to be pushing a stroller up so we decided not to.

Just before entering the clearing my son wanted help walking on the trail logs.


I can totally see a bride and groom hand in hand as she walks along the logs and or leaning in for a kiss.... *sigh* So romantic.

Husband and son walking in the field, they went up the hill a little bit then came back.


I love the contrasting colors of the bright green grass and the bright blue sky! Couldn't be more perfect.... Oh wait, yes it could. The sun could be lower behind some tree's to get rid of the harsh shadowing on their faces... But that's just being nit picky.

Regardless of this being a "Work" trip for me, our whole family enjoyed it and it was a great family outing. Next week I can't wait to take photo's of a happy couple totally in love. What a great time in their lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment